Quality marine gauges

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
I'm replacing all the boats gauges. What do you think Faria, VDO or Teliflex? They all have ones that will match the dash. Thanks Dave-R

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Check who got the best/easiest replacement warranty.

I know my Faria gauges have lifetime warranty and if they ever stop working, send them to Faria and they fix them or replace them.

Edit: nevermind there lifetime warranty was only a thing on stock older boats, now they got limited warranty.

Last edited:

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I found them to pretty much the same. I find that certain gauges break at different intervals, so I would recommend you pick a series that is popular, so it will (hopefully) still be available when you need to replace a gauge.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Remember, in all cases, the gauges are man-made and will eventually fail They all have similar quality. VeeThree makes the gauges sold under the teleflex name thru aftermarket channels

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have seen a lot of Faria ones and they seem to last quite a while. Wouldn't be a bad choice.

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
The wife insisted on the Cobalt original gauges that the dealer said all worked together. They are made by Medallion, and cost 750.00$ (ouch)
Thanks for all your replies. I wanted Faria also for the reasons mentioned. Dave-R

Blue2005

Seaman Apprentice
I replaced mine with Faria and they look great. So far no complaints.