New to iboats!

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
Hey iboats!

I'm new to the forum and can't wait to get some pointers on my newest buy. I am from South western Pa and fish a lot of local lakes. Just picked up a 15' tri hull that is different from any I've ever seen in person or through Google searches.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how on here. Do you guys use tapatalk?

Anyway, I'm not new to boats this is my third boat. I have my 12' Alumicraft V hull for sale now that I upgraded.

The new boat is a 15' (measures alittle closer to 16') Caravelle tri hull that's set up more like a bass boat! Pictures will show how different it is.

As of right now I've spent the last couple of weeks undoing all the PO "work". I am going to re paint the boat top and bottom, re do the floor and carpets etc I work fast so this will be a one week super build.

Can't wait to get started on here!

Cheers!

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy and :welcome:

Never heard of anyone using tapatalk,

You will be able to post pics after you have posted three times. Look in the Adults only section for good info

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
It keeps saying invalid. I'm using a iPhone not a computer though.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I don't use a smartphone, maybe someone else will help, but you just posted the third time so maybe now it will work

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome. PA. I'm born and raised just outside of Pittsburgh. Glad to have ya aboard.

In the photo uploading stickie, using Photobucket or another photo hosting site works well. You may need to load an app and PB has one that works for many of our smartphone users. Copying the IMG code for a pic in a PB album and pasting into your message resizes and uses a format compatible with the forum.

As AllDodge said - 3 posts is a check built in for new members. So maybe it will work.

Tapatalk and VirtualBulletin, our forum software don't work together - Sorry.

Last edited:

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
Thanks guys! Glad to see another Pa guy from neck of the woods.

I'll try photobucket. I really want to get some pictures up to start getting some info on the boat, motor ect.

GA_Boater

Almost. I think you pasted the IMG code as a link because I got into your PB album. When you click on the IMG box, it changes colors for an instant and says Copied. Then come back here and do a paste and

Last edited:

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
Has anyone ever seen tri hull set up like this? As far as I can tell its the way the boat came. I love it. I do alot of crappie and bass fishing as the decks are great.

As far as the boat, Caravelle. Cant seem to find anything on this boat.

southkogs

Staff member
Yup. That style was kinda' popular in the 80s. I've not seen the Caravelle like yours, but plenty others.

Welcome aboard.

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
Thanks, yeah its the style and set up of the boat. Not the classic folding windshield style. From what I have gathered Caravelle went out of business for awhile.

southkogs

Staff member
I had a friend who had one of those (can't recall the brand, it was a while ago) with a 50HP on the back. Two of us and gear would scoot along nicely. I would have liked the boat to have a little more beam, but it was a nice boat to fish from.

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
Yeah its great for the fishin I do. I couldnt be happier with the boat. Sold my 12' Alumicraft today, which frees up some funds for it.

PA_Fisherman

Cadet
The plate on the boat says F.G.C Corporation Brownsville Tx Caravelle Boat Copmany Jacksonville AK. Cant seem to find any info on ethier. My main question is if this boat came set up with this layout from the factory or if some on did it. From what I can tell it came from the factory like this. I have yet to see one on google seaches or anywhere like this. Closet thing is like a Boston Whaler. Its not a BW but almost set up like one.

Side note,

What paint do you guys suggest for the topside and bottom of boat that I can buy locally. thanks!

GA_Boater

PA - Does the boat have a HIN? If so, the first three characters are the manufacturer code.