Help !! Which Boat to Buy ???

bdingus

Recruit
Hello. Buying my first boat and not sure which one to choose. Getting my son started in bass and crappie fishing and I am trying to decide between 2 boats. FYI, we will be fishing lakes 1000 acres or less but most of our fishing will be on a 400 acre lake.

Boat 1- 2014 Bass Tracker Pro 170. 40 hp mercury with 8 hours on the motor. Vinyl Floors. Stock Fish Finder. Boat cover. $10,000. Titles in hand.

Boat 2- 2015 Bass Tracker Pro 160. 40 hp mercury with 86 hours on motor. Carpet. Lowrance HDS 7 GEN 2 w/structure scan. Lowrance Elite 4x color. Double Bank Charger. Cover. $9,200. Has to pay it off to get titles in hand.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

tpenfield

Staff member
Boat 1 since the titles are in hand. See if you can get it for $8500.

Which one do you like?

bdingus

Recruit
Prices have been negotiated as low as they will go. Both were asking $12,000

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Personally....
I would prefer #2 overall.
1. Better electronics including a battery charger system.
2. Lower price.
3. I don't see carpet as a problem when bass and crappie fishing. Its marine carpet and will wash right up.
4. 16' vs 17', 17 would give you a little more room for tackle boxes or cooler likely, but 16 should be plenty roomy for 2 fishermen.
5. 8 vs 86 hours. Not a real issue to me.

As for paying off to get the titles. Have your bank make a check out to the lienholder only for the amount of payoff. Call the lienholder and see what they need in order to send the titles to you versus him. YOU send it directly to the bank with a copy of bill of sale etc. as required by lienholder. If there is any equity, pay that to seller. If he still owes, Have him add his check in with yours and send them on.

Welcome to I boats and enjoy time with your son!!!

thumpar

Admiral
If you go with #2 I would only do it at the bank that holds the titles with the owner there to make sure it gets done right.

samuel joff

Cadet
I want to go on the #2. This will be much better and the price little low than the #1. Now it's depends upto you which will you take. Congrats!