Glastron info?

DFE82

Recruit
I recently purchased a 17' 1990 glastron Sierra with an 86 Johnson 120 outboard on it. After servicing the motor and small odds and ends on the boat (like pumping the fuel tank empty)I took it to the gas station to put 10 gallons of fuel in for the trial run. Would only take 5 gallons. Crap. Filled a 5 gallon jug and went on my way. Shortly after I launched, about five gallons worth of time it died. Put more fuel in and fired it fired up, back to the trailer. The floor on the boat was replaced somewhere down the line so I'm hoping that the old, possibly broken tank wasn't replaced with a 5 gallon tank? That would be insane right? Is there any place I can find detailed information on things like fuel capacity, stringer location for this particular boat? Or is this a "there's only one way to find out" situation? Oh ya, this is my first boat. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Warriorde52

Cadet
I could be entirely wrong here. Only thought could be a plugged up vent tube causing the tank to pressurize and the pump to shut off. I highly doubt this though.

Are you positive it was empty? Was the tank level?

DFE82

Recruit
I'll check the vent. Yes the tank was pretty level, maybe slightly pitched toward the stern. Short of looking inside the tank I'm pretty sure it was empty. Thinking I'm gonna have to cut a hole in the floor and scope it out... Thanks for your reply.

Willyclay

Captain
Thinking I'm gonna have to cut a hole in the floor and scope it out...

You might want to get an access hatch to install and make the hole you cut match those dimensions so future access will be very easy. Good luck!