lenco trimtabs which side switch operates which trim

caldog101

Petty Officer 1st Class
just installed the new lenco trimtabs 9x12 ,just want to make sure i am reading it right ,but does the left rocker switch operate the right trim tab? and right rocker for the left trim? thanks

AntsGrady

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: lenco trimtabs which side switch operates which trim

I just installed a pair also but just figured the left is port and right is starboard. Just move one switch at a time to see which one moves providing you wired them correctly to the control box.

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep.... Your reading it right!<br />The left tab switch should make the right tab move.<br /><br />Cheers... Canuck 16

caldog101

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks guys,i am glad i checked before i made all those connections

fendersfender

Petty Officer 1st Class

left should operate right tab, maybe its just me but im always using the wrong button, so i switched wires so that right button operates right tab, matbe not correct but works for me.

blackz3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LOL i did the same right is right and left is ....well you get the picture oh and up is up

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have Trim Master tabs, the switches are as such right rocker pushed up' left tab down <br /> right rocker pushed down left tab up <br /> I just installed the switches upside down so its now left rocker down left tab down I got sick and tired of always trying to remember that left is right and up is down.

caldog101

Petty Officer 1st Class

well tested the lenco trim tabs yesterday "almost took a dive into the water" these things are real sensitve and it's going to take a while to get used to themfor some reason i trim the wrong side and one time it was getting bad my boat 1974 17 foot aquasports started to dive into the water and when i tried to correct it got worse so bad that i had to come off plane just tkes some time i guess

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Trim tabs are designed to control the attitude of the BOW . So it only makes sence that the Trim Tab SWITCHES do the same {control the bow}<br /><br />If port bow is high, you should use port switch down position.<br /><br />If port bow is to low, you should use port switch up position.<br /><br />If you will forget about the trim tabs and the way they operate, and think about what you want "the bow to do" the switches will work as designed. Most trim tab switches are marked <br />......BOW<br />PORT...STARBORD<br />.UP.........UP<br />DOWN...DOWN<br /><br />Remember the switches control the BOW and NOT the TRIM TABS.