glastron SSV 175 questions!

jmarsh223

Cadet
I have several questions, this question has been asked but unanswered. My boat leans to one side even when tgere are 2 ppl to even it out. It drives me nuts any ideas?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Where has it been asked and unanswered?

To port or to starboard?

Post a pix of it listing

While at rest/anchor/docked or underway?

Even when there are 2ppl to even it out?

Do you mean a total of 3ppl aboard, 2 on the port side of the boat while you sit at the starboard helm?

Or just 2ppl aboard 1 @ port and 1 @ starboard helm?

What year SSV 175? Bought new or used?

jbcurt00

Staff member
I closed your other topic asking the same question.

From that post, only new info is that it lists w a total of 2ppl aboard. So 1 of the mamy questions I asked, is answered

jmarsh223

Cadet
Thanks for your reply and help! It is a 92 175 SSV, I bought it used she's no mint but she'll do. She leans to the starboard side, underway. Typically, I have a passenger at Port and I at starboard helm

jmarsh223

Cadet
I understand, I am about to call it myself. It is am i/o and it does have a slight lean but nothing like when it's underway. I have even had 2 people sit on port side, it helped a little but not like it should be.

Alumarine

Captain
Do you have any extra weight on the starboard side like your fuel tank or an outboard trolling motor?
My Sylvan is very sensitive to weight distribution.
Are you big boned?;)

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... It usually comes down to one of two things,....

The weight, 'n where it is in the hull,...

Or, there's deformations in the bottom of the hull,.....

southkogs

Staff member
Is it happening sittin' still, underway or "yes?" Maybe a trim tab on your drive?

jmarsh223

Cadet
Do you have any extra weight on the starboard side like your fuel tank or an outboard trolling motor?
My Sylvan is very sensitive to weight distribution.
Are you big boned?;)

Big boned lol, yes I am a bigger guy about 220#. My buddy that usually goes along he is about 280+# and with him on the port side and me on the starboard it doesn't shift much. The fuel cell is on the starboard side makes sense, but even with a quarter tank it's about the same.

southkogs

Staff member
If it's a new-to-you boat, have you looked at the tab on the drive? Assuming this is an outboard, is it sitting "square" on the back of the boat?

southkogs

Staff member
Is the trim tab moved slightly to the starboard? (Not what they're like on Volvos, but I'm assuming they're adjustable)

jbcurt00

Staff member
Perhaps a pix of the stern of the boat, the outdrive, prop and trim tab directly above it would help.

jmarsh223

Cadet
If you're talking about the tab right behind the prop, yes it is but maybe like an 1/4"

southkogs

Staff member
That's a trim tab for the drive. You'll want to note or mark where it currently is, but if it's happening more underway than when sitting at the dock it's possible that the tab needs to be moved a little to port.

If it's listing to starboard while the boat's sitting still ... or going slow ... then I may be barking up the wrong tree.

Pictures would be helpful too.

jmarsh223

Cadet
That's a trim tab for the drive. You'll want to note or mark where it currently is, but if it's happening more underway than when sitting at the dock it's possible that the tab needs to be moved a little to port.

If it's listing to starboard while the boat's sitting still ... or going slow ... then I may be barking up the wrong tree.

Pictures would be helpful too.

I'm headed to the lake this weekend, I'll try it out and give a full report