Windshield for a 2005 tahoe Q4

Hello everyone, here in eastern Virginia a few weeks ago we had quite an unusual large amount of snowfall, it, along with the high winds brought down my carport on the car and the boat. I sure could use a replacement curved windshield for a 2005 Tahoe Q4 Fish and ski. Does anyone know where to find the three piece bonnet? I've run into a dead end everywhere I've looked.

Mod EDIT: I removed the solicitation from your post

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
In VA it'll likely be a challenge to find one unless its from a dealer, no salvage boat places I'm aware of.

If you find one, it wont be inexpensive and I'll bet shipping will be high too.

But heres a link to some yards
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=438822

Try Lanier Marine too, in Georgia

Good luck and welcome to iboats

More snow, ice and sleet headed our way, I'm just west of you in WV

alldodge

Staff member
They still make the Q4, have you called the dealer?

Another spot might be great lakes skipper

Thanks for the links, I just got off the phone with M&M salvage they don't have the windshield but I'll keep searching. Great Lakes skipper is a no go as well.

I called bass pro,they are a tracker dealer, and they said the windshield, called a water bonnet is not made any more and I should call tracker marine.. 417-873-5979. They were very friendly and said Taylor made now supplies the bonnets-windshields (part number for the 3 piece I need is- 111471)for tracker marine and after I gave them my hull number they said the three piece bonnet I need isn't produced anymore but, the machinery and templates are stored off site and they could re tool the shop and make me a bran new three piece windshield for as little as $3,830 dollars, I'm guessing shipping not included. I then called a dealer friend and he called hoping to get me a dealer discount but was shocked to find out that the parties mentioned above have what's called a global contract, and they wouldn't even consider selling the windshield to him because he was not a partner. I'll have to fork it out,I even won't mind doing so, I was just trying to find it a little less expensive but all I seem to be finding is a cornered market. I appreciate everyone's help, thank you all very much.

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry it's going to cost that much. May not work but was just thinking about the Q4. Since your replacing the entire thing wonder if the new 2016 windshield or older ones will fit yours. Just a thought, the shield will be a bit different but might not be enough to notice. Just a thought

Yes thumpar, I have . They said I had to go through one of their partners,(i.e.) bass pro as they don't sale to individuals, only global partners. I thank everyone, this community is amazing and I salute you all for all the kindness you all show to old 55ers like me, it's all very much appreciated.