1984 Imperial VC 200 Questions

Stackmoney86

Cadet
After a few hours of head hurting phone calls this morning. Finally settled and sorted out my Lost Bill of Sale issue! WOOHOO! I'm going in a few days to get it registered in Alabama so I can avoid all problems again and before I even start demo I want to have registration IN HAND so I'm not blowing money down the drain.

Anyways onto the questions:

I am trying to find schematics and detailed information on this boat. I found the iBoats.com section and then some links to $30 manuals.

I need the following:

Wiring schematics
Hydraulic schematics

And what original engine was in this sucker as well. It was a MerCruiser out drive. Main reason I want to find out what exact engine was in there is due to my inexperience with MARINE inboard engines. I can tear down a auto engine tell you everything about it...reassemble it and crank it back up. But Marine is foreign to me so I want to further research the actual engine to learn it.

All my Google searches pull me to multiple manuals and then a incomplete iBoat page. Can I use the HIN to find this information out even with the business out of business?

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
I need the following:

Wiring schematics
Hydraulic schematics

And what original engine was in this sucker as well. It was a MerCruiser out drive. Main reason I want to find out what exact engine was in there is due to my inexperience with MARINE inboard engines. I can tear down a auto engine tell you everything about it...reassemble it and crank it back up. But Marine is foreign to me so I want to further research the actual engine to learn it.

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... Hull wirin' is pretty basic generic stuff, No diagrams other than the generic stuff in the forums,...

Driveline diagrams for the electrical, hyd. etc. are in the factory manuals, links to which can be found at the top of the I/O forums, or in my signature,....
Free,...

As for the Original, ya gotta give Us some hints,... Pictures are a Major Help,....
If there's a center forward motor mountin' pad, it was probably an in-line motor,...
Probably a 3.0l Chevy, possibly a 470 Merc,....
Stringer, or side mount pads, a V-motor,...
'84 pretty much puts it with an Alpha 1 drive,...

Boats ain't like a car, there ain't no specific line-sheet per serial number/ hin number,...
Serial numbers on the parts of the boat's sub-systems always help, driveline, electronics, etc,...
The hull itself, not that way,....

Last edited:

Stackmoney86

Cadet
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... Hull wirin' is pretty basic generic stuff, No diagrams other than the generic stuff in the forums,...

Driveline diagrams for the electrical, hyd. etc. are in the factory manuals, links to which can be found at the top of the I/O forums, or in my signature,....
Free,...

As for the Original, ya gotta give Us some hints,... Pictures are a Major Help,....
If there's a center forward motor mountin' pad, it was probably an in-line motor,...
Probably a 3.0l Chevy, possibly a 470 Merc,....
Stringer, or side mount pads, a V-motor,...
'84 pretty much puts it with an Alpha 1 drive,...

Boats ain't like a car, there ain't no specific line-sheet per serial number/ hin number,...
Serial numbers on the parts of the boat's sub-systems always help, driveline, electronics, etc,...
The hull itself, not that way,....

Bondo here are some pictures of the engine bay area.
Hello!
stackmoney86 shared an album with you.

View Album, http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/st...ial%20VC%20200

Again thanks!!!

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... With the exhaust y-pipe there, it was a V-motor,.....

The drive is still on it, so possibly there's serial numbers on it,....

Stackmoney86

Cadet
Ayuh,.... With the exhaust y-pipe there, it was a V-motor,.....

The drive is still on it, so possibly there's serial numbers on it,....

The Transom serial number is not readable. I soaked up a lot of information you directed me to. It'll be Sunday unless my curiosity tells me otherwise for me to try and get actual serial numbers.

I read that there may be stamped numbers on the Sterndrive.

At least we've ruled out inlines by your post. :) I added more pictures since I'm on WiFi now.

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,... The hull will have a hin number in the starboard aft corner,.....
Last 2 digits are the vintage,...
My guess is the early '80s,...
With the Alpha 1 drive, it no doubt had a SBC motor,...

Ya got a L o n g ways to go,... Good Luck,.....

Stackmoney86

Cadet
Ayuh,... The hull will have a hin number in the starboard aft corner,.....
Last 2 digits are the vintage,...
My guess is the early '80s,...
With the Alpha 1 drive, it no doubt had a SBC motor,...

Ya got a L o n g ways to go,... Good Luck,.....

84 are the last two. That's the only one I wrote down as I was treating it as a VIN.

Oh yeah she does have a LOT of work to do. But its a fun project for the family.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Hello Stack, I've got a 1987 Imperialvc200... (hence my SN). Mine is a GM 3.0 140hp. Pretty straight forward engine.. got the A1 drive. again very common. it's been bulletproof for me thus far... wont set speed records, we enjoy it.. Im assuming it's a cuddy 19.5?. if so, and if it's a 4cly, put a 4 blade prop on it for best performance..

Stackmoney86

Cadet
Hello Stack, I've got a 1987 Imperialvc200... (hence my SN). Mine is a GM 3.0 140hp. Pretty straight forward engine.. got the A1 drive. again very common. it's been bulletproof for me thus far... wont set speed records, we enjoy it.. Im assuming it's a cuddy 19.5?. if so, and if it's a 4cly, put a 4 blade prop on it for best performance..

Yes. It is 19.5 feet long. It has two exhaust manifold pipes in the setup of a V shape engine.