Jet Dock vs Hydro Hoist type lift

Laketrash63

Recruit
Looking for practical experiences with Jet Dock for boats vs a air type lift such as Hydro hoist. Looking for the advantages and disadvantages for use with a 21 ft fiberglass I/O.

alldodge

Staff member
Never seen a Jet Dock other then in videos and used ones for sale on ebay, but from what I can see they are probably fine so long as they are anchored firmly. Have never seen one at a free floating marina and believe it is because all the force a boat would use to get on/off the dock. You drive on/off the dock so it needs to be fastened to pylons or the shore.

I have an EZ-dock (drive on, float off) for my Seadoo and it is attached to a floating marina, but the weight isn't much as a boat would produce.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Never seen a Jet Dock other then in videos and used ones for sale on ebay, but from what I can see they are probably fine so long as they are anchored firmly. Have never seen one at a free floating marina and believe it is because all the force a boat would use to get on/off the dock. You drive on/off the dock so it needs to be fastened to pylons or the shore.

My neighbor has a setup very similar to this and it works well, there is no shore attachment, only vertical poles. The dock itself is free-floating. The only thing that has happened is that severe storms have lifted his boat off the dock, and he didn't tie it down.

(apparently the editor is not happy at me today, so the attached pic that was supposed to be on this post is now below... One of those days)

Last edited:

Laketrash63

Recruit
That dock looks similar but the Boat port seems to be different. The ones I have seen around here do not have rollers and I would prefer rollers to the pipe type of boat supports. Thanks for the picture Smokingcrater!