OEM canvas

On_plane

Cadet
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a full canvas enclosure (bimini, aft curtain, eisenglass front/side windows) for a 1999 Regal 2150 LSC. Several companies sell a stand-alone bimini, but I can't find a place to buy the aft curtain and windows. Great Lakes Boat Tops was the OEM manufacturer for many Regal models, but not the 2150. I've checked Ebay, RNR marine, and a few others. Any other suggestions, other than having a custom place make one? It doesn't really matter if it's OEM or simply a made-to-fit aftermarket version.

Thanks!

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Just about any good automotive upholstery shop (so they have a heavy enough sewing machine) can order in the marine grade materials and sew something like that if you have the old one and its sufficiently intact to use as a pattern.

The hard part is the pattern.

Really good pictures (advertising posters?) and measuring the boat and frame can get you close...

tpenfield

Staff member
Have you talked to Regal Customer Support ? I cannot imagine that any other sources would have an exact match, they would only have aftermarket pieces as you mentioned.

You may be going the custom route to get it done.

Bondo

Staff member
other than having a custom place make one?

Ayuh,.... In my experience, even OEM, is Custom,.... No 2 pieces are exactly the same,...

Have what ya want custom built at a canvas shop,...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Ayuh,.... In my experience, even OEM, is Custom,.... No 2 pieces are exactly the same,...

what Bondo said. heck, around here there are even a few mobile canvas shops. guy pulls up in his box truck, plugs into your shore power, or other outlet, within hours is installing snaps and wrapping it up.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

What Bondo said. Using the old pieces as a guide to sew new ones, won't guarantee a good fit. Tops and enclosures stretch and shrink over time. A good marine upholstery shop will fit it all to your boat as they make it.

My .02