Tracker Pro170

Goswimajig

Recruit
So wish I would've been more patient when buying an aluminum boat. In my opinion my pro170 is cheaply made. Seat pedastals squeaked right off the showroom floor. Minimal storage. Toggle switches suck. Gets blown around in ANY wind. One (1) cup holder. Try replacing a battery. Never seen anything like it. Had it since July 2015 and it's got a small leak somewhere already. Love the 40hp 4-stroke Mercury. Did I mention the squeaky trailer? I know it's close to the bottom of tracker aluminum boats, but I was expecting more and I'm kinda green on boat buying.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Do you feel better getting that off your chest?

Tracker does have a 5 year bow to stern warranty. Give the dealer a chance to find and repair the leak, along with some of the other issues.

Didn't you check the storage before you bought it. It is a light boat, so wind will push it around.

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
One thing I have learned over my life of boating...there is not a PERFECT boat. Assuming it is still under warranty ,take it back to the dealer. The perfect boat in my experience is one you found used and rebuilt it as you would like it. Then someone comes along and either wants to buy it for more than you have in it or embarrasses you by pointing and laughing in front of a crowd!