Where to get a snap cover made?

ccna4481

Recruit
Hello all
I have a 2002 marada 18ft fishan ski boat...when i got it..it only came with thebow snap cover...id like to get one made for the cockpit area...wheres a good place to get one??? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question...i got a great winter cover but when i dock it this summer i dont know how id keep the cover on during wind since it uses straps that are for trailering? So i figured i need the snap cover

Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Probably best to check around at local upholstery shops. I'm not sure if Marada is still in business and if they aren't, custom is about the only method you have.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Even if they are still in business, covers are finished on the boat as far as snap placement is concerned since the snaps don't always end up in the exact same place from boat to boat.

I would just have it custom made. Just be aware it will be expensive. A custom cockpit cover has as much labor in it as a full custom cover and will be equally as expensive if not more.

ccna4481

Recruit
Thanks for the response...do you guys have a good way to keep my regular full boat custom cover down when docked???
Thanks again

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the response...do you guys have a good way to keep my regular full boat custom cover down when docked???
Thanks again
You have a picture of the cover? Who made your cover?