boat identification

Just bought this 17' center console boat for $ 650,,, looks like a boston whaler,can anyone help identifying what it is?? No taggs or labels other that what i have posted..here are some pictures.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 720.jpg
    720.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 719.jpg
    719.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 702.jpg
    702.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
The most obvious place to look would be on the registration and title paperwork.
Does it say anything? Model, year? ID number?

No hull id number on the upper right corner of the transom?

The logo in the 3rd photo, looks like Starcraft.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
what does the title say. without a title, its a yard planter

Great guys thanks for the help now I have a starting point. This boat came with no registration have been sitting for 15 years it was his father's boat and was never registered in his name after he bought it. Glad I joined this forum you guys are tops thanks again, Vince

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard liv2fly65.

On what part of the boat is the plate in the 3rd pic? It looks like the HIN could be behind the blacked out rectangle under what looks like a Starcraft "S".

The plate is on the front of the center Console....no number in the blackened area under the logo and no # on the transom....its also a trihull. It also looks like this boat was once carpeted and had a platform but not sure. If anyone finds a picture of this boat of how it originally look inside please send. Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
This boat came with no registration have been sitting for 15 years it was his father's boat and was never registered in his name after he bought it.

This may be a sticking point. you better check with your local registration office prior to putting any more money into the boat.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
That's an old Merc, so the boat is probably old as well. The "S" logo does look like a Starcraft, but I don't think they ever made a model quite like that. I've seen that red fish logo before, but not on boats around these parts. Search on the red fish and that'll tell you the manufacturer.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I would definitely research on how you are going to get a title first, that is going to be the REAL issue. All your research may be in vain if it is just becomes a flower pot. I foresee a lot of headache here.

The guy I bought the boat from is going through his dad's files hopefully he can find the bill of sale with registration. I figured out what the boat is I found a picture online it looks like a 1971 Starcraft center console..thanks everone for your input you have all bin a great help...here is a few pics i found on line

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 0
  • th-1.jpg
    th-1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 0

bwraven

Cadet
"I've seen that red fish logo before, but not on boats around these parts. Search on the red fish and that'll tell you the manufacturer."

That is a shark SCUBA diver sticker found in any dive shop. It has nothing to do with the boat's manufacturer.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
"I've seen that red fish logo before, but not on boats around these parts. Search on the red fish and that'll tell you the manufacturer."

That is a shark SCUBA diver sticker found in any dive shop. It has nothing to do with the boat's manufacturer.
Aha - learn something new every day.