It is official

Brian929

Seaman Apprentice
I purchased a 1987 Grumman GSS 14 with a Suzuki 9.9 and the trailer at the end of December. I went today and had title and tags transferred today to make it official and legal in the state of Pennsylvania. It is a great feeling, next is boat insurance.

Brian

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Here in PA. you can register the trailer for 6 years at a time, but, of course, you do pay six times the one year registration. So, for example I have one trailer that carries a 12 dollar registration fee and it costs 72 bucks for 6 years. I find it worth it to do and the State will do it on line.

The hull can be registered on line for the same price as mail-in and you get a certificate good immediately until the stickers come in the mail. Unfortunately this is still a 2 year registration and it expires in March. But still, it is very convenient for the next time. Good luck and have fun with your rig.

Thalasso

Commander
I purchased a 1987 Grumman GSS 14 with a Suzuki 9.9 and the trailer at the end of December. I went today and had title and tags transferred today to make it official and legal in the state of Pennsylvania. It is a great feeling, next is boat insurance.

Brian

What part of Pa

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Congrats on the new fish slayer. Now we could use a pic or 2 of the new acquisition.

Brian929

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Here she is! I have added a trailer jack, cover and bows for the cover. She came with a 1996 Suzuki 9.9 dual start. After insurance it will be a couple deep cycle batteries, a charger and a trolling motor. Two lakes within 10 minutes that are electric motor only.
The big plan is to add more storage and a livable port and starboard between the rear bench and the seats/storage mid cockpit.

Brian

Attachments

• photo237149.JPG
    photo237149.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo237150.JPG
    photo237150.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Nice little tinny and very customization friendly layout too :thumb:

fetch

Brian929

Seaman Apprentice
Watermann,
My grandfather had a boat like yours when I was a little guy. I remember hauling my sleeping bag down to the dock and spending the night in the cabin, good times. I believe that is what kept me close to fishing and boating of some sort all these years.
9113131-the-tin-addiction-18-1970-starcraft-chieftain-io-total-restoration.jpg

That is a beautiful resto!

Brian

Last edited:

Watermann

Thanks Brian, have fun on the water and check back in with some stories and pics of deck slime action.

airshot

Rear Admiral
The only problem I can see is.....the long wait until spring to use her!! Had one like her some years back with a 15hp jonnyrude....caught an awfull lot of perch in that boat.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
In my part of the Midwest I'm predicting an early ice out. As it was ice was late this year and it really hasn't been that cold. I'm not even certain if the rivers have frozen completely over this year.