Have You Heard of Alumiline boats?

outdoorsman1962

Seaman Apprentice
I found a 14' Alumiline 14' jon boat yesterday and on both the plate and registration it spells as ALUMILINE but I can find no information. The boat is a narrow jon and the year is 2000. All searches direct me to alumacraft but I know the awesome quality of Alumacraft and know this is NOT a Alumacraft.
It has 6 oarlock sockets, no drain plug and 1 handle on the front. Boat is immaculate but plate oxidated (sp?) pretty good but can read Alumiline, J14 , Max hp7, and Warsaw.
Was this a boat that only a few were made or did a bigger company pick them up? Original owner passed this past spring and son had no idea where Dad bought it but sure it was in Michigan.
Any info greatly appreciated.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Alumaline was made by Alumacraft:
Alumalinebb001.jpg

Try using it as 2 words @ MIC search w both the a and the i in the middle

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Alumiline was a manufacturer out of Warsaw, Indiana.

... plus all of what JB said :)

Last edited:

outdoorsman1962

Seaman Apprentice
Strange I cant find hull Id on stern and the spelling is Alumiline..not Alumaline. I live near a BP store and looked at their 14' topper and the width of theirs is 36" where as this is only 32"----Not enough for my liking. I may give to my son just to play in their pond or maybe someone might want a narrow boat package. I,m stumped on finding the hull ID". TYVM ALL!

southkogs

Staff member
Actually, I just read JB's list: Alumaline is outta' MN. But yours is Alumiline, which was out of Warsaw, IN.

Very likely the boat was made before you had to have HINs in the mid 70s.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Some years back I was looking for a jon boat, as it was explained to me by various mfgs. the standard jon was 32" wide, the bigger jon was 36" wide and what everyone called a "river" jon was 40" wide. these were measured at the bottom. I was able to find one of the river jons, it was 48" wide at the top, 12' long and had a 10hp rating at 650lb. Was an excellent jon boat, mine was made by smoker craft, my youngest son at the time could literally stand on the gunwale and it would not flip over, most stable jon I have ever been in. Thru stupidity I sold it a number of years later.....sure wish I had it now.

outdoorsman1962

Seaman Apprentice
I greatly appreciate the help but believe I found where the hull number might be, under a new transom board. The board appears to be from the factory but after looking closer, I believe the po reinforced the transom for some reason. I have been looking at others and this board is larger then most as it only has a 7hp rating.
Put boat in lake yesterday and dry as dry can be and it is very stable. How??I have no clue. Great river or bluegill getting boat.
Thank you ALL..

outdoorsman1962

Seaman Apprentice
UPDATE 1-8-2016

I spoke with the original owner's nephew and he told me the boat is atleast 30 years old and that he went with his uncle to pick it up many years ago. The boat was stored in barns for years and most recent his cousin took it for bow fishing. No I don't understand how a boat with only a 30" bottom width can be as stable as it is or how these people kept it so clean this long but I am going to try sneaking up on some Gills this spring.
I will try to post pics.THANK YOU ALL!