Owner Manuals for older boats And where to find after-market seating

Water Lilly

Recruit
I'm a newbie to this forum as well as being a newbie boat owner. I have a 2001 Cobia 194cc with a 115 Yamaha motor. I'm having trouble finding an owner's manual for this model. Cobia was bought by Maverick in 2005 and they do not have the manuals for prior years. Along with this search, I would also like to ask where I might find seats/pads to make it a bit more "guest friendly". I'd appreciate any advice or direction where I might look. Thanks.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Water Lilly:

You can find seats and cushions of all kinds HERE :)

Generally speaking, manufacturer manuals for most boats aren't too complete / helpful. Generally, the manual for your drive system / motor are your better bet. OR, just asking questions on the forums here. Whatcha' trying to figure out?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
What he said... Don't waste your time looking for a manual for the boat.... While there are exceptions, for the most part if you could find it which is unlikely, it would amount to a very generic pamphlet with basic boating information that applies to all boats and VERY little if anything about your boat.

Water Lilly

Recruit
Thanks to all of you all for responding. I was starting to figure out that the finding of an owners manual was not going to happen. Maverick did send me a PDF for the specs on the oldest 194 they had. It's ok. I do have the manual, specs, etc. for the Yamaha motor which is more important. I'll wing the rest. Also, thanks for the direction for boat seats. I'm on it. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions in the future. May your waters be calm.