Water in cuddy cabin

GRapp

Recruit
I'm a newbe here in late August we bought a 89 cabin 19' in Erie, the boat sat for 2 yrs. We brought it home and noticed that there was water in the floor of the cabin. I kept bailing it out but there seems to be no end, it just keeps coming back. Can I get any advice please. Thank you in advance.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
You could jack up the tounge and see if it drains out the aft end. Most have a drain hole in the bulkhead, check if its plugged. Some do not, they have a bilge pump up there instead. There should be a removable panel in the floor to feel around down there. Otherwise get a bilgepump and temporarly hook it to power and pump it out, then see where the water is coming from, and fix the leak. It's not unusual to get water up there,but keeping it out and dry is important. Hopefully it was not in there to long and didn't damage anything.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Possible lots of water infiltration and its seeping out of the flotation foam... very bad if that is it.

tpenfield

Staff member
Post some pictures so folks can get a better idea of what you are seeing. How much water are we talking about?