Winterizing Boats In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkersBoatman

Recruit
Can my fellow boaters help me out? I'm looking at potentially opening up a boat winterizing business and was looking to get a gauge on who out here would use this service. I created a short survey to fill out. If you could take the time to help me it out it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot!!
Mod EDIT Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Is there such a thing as a boat winterizing business? Doesn't seem like a very good plan, given that it is once a year. At least where I'm at (about 60 miles south of canada!) there are no winterizing businesses. All of the powersports dealers do winterizing, but it is a very, very small portion of their business, and there is very little profit. It helps even out the season nature of powersports and keeps their guys busy when they would otherwise be idle.

I guess you could do it as a freelancer, but I don't know if the hassle would be worth the income. You have a tight timeframe to work with, and you will need to accept the risk if winterizing doesn't go as planned, and there is a cracked block in the spring. Also, the winterizing guys locally will also pull the boat out of the slip, and often include storage as part of winterizing.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If you are a marine mechanic it could be a good part of your business if you can make enough to travel to the boat. That would be a convenience not offered usually.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Bonkers

Please check you private messages, accessed thru the Messages link to the left of your user name at the top right corner of any forum page. You may need to scroll up to see/find it

For now, this topic is closed

If you'd like to start a topic that includes a poll, like the faux business poll I started here
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/othe...new-poll-just-a-test-no-need-to-reply-or-post

you can post a poll that asks questions similar to the survey you posted a link to. I did not click thru to your survey.

Currently, links to surveys arent permitted to be posted.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.