Is this a deal or what!?

atomic912s

Cadet
Just picked up this 1995 16ft Lund Explorer with shorlander trailer, and 2004 Mercury 40hp 4 stoke outboard with TNT. FOR $870 bucks, yes $870!!! Runs like a top!

Attachments

• photo234432.jpg
    photo234432.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1

64osby

Admiral
I'd say it is a steal, or the PO stole it prior to selling it.

Sounds like a great deal.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Either you need to be arrested for theft or the seller needs to be committed! I don't usually get jealous but in this case I'll make an exception.Tell us more with more pictures please.

atomic912s

Cadet
No Title

Yeah, on a whim I ended up going to the Minnesota DNR auction today, so it was used for DNR purposes and they "retired" it. I live in Minnesota and it was like 20 degrees at the outdoor auction, not many people where interested this time of year and due to the weather it drove more people away...

Best part was the State of Minnesota issued a title for the boat and trailer right on the spot... The whole interior is rhino lined, which kinda attracted me due to the fact it would be easy to clean!!

Attachments

• photo234442.jpg
    photo234442.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo234443.jpg
    photo234443.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ya.....not a great day today for sure. We had snow last night in my area! I didn't even know about the auction...probably just as well! ;) . Congrats on the great deal!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I'll tell ya, I watch the CL ads throughout Wisconsin and the Twin Cities all the time and that boat is easily worth 4X what you paid for it. Even as-is. Right place at the right time, good for you!

BTW, how much snow did you folks get? I'll be coming up to Willmar on Wed to visit my son.

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yep, great deal......
I got this one here ( behind my bike ) for 200 bucks. It came with another skiff to, that I sold for one hundred dollars.

Here's the deal.....

When I moved into my new house on an island in the Pacific Northwest, from Southern California over a decade ago, down the beach from me I saw this old whaler, just sitting there, sorta hidden by shrubs.
I never saw anyone at this beach house. One day I saw a car there, so I stopped.
An older man answered the door, I asked about the boat.
He said it was his daughters.....
I asked him if he knew she might want to sell it.
He said, she is here right now, ask her.
She came to the door, I posed the question, and she said sure.
As we walked around to see it, she said it is worth hundreds of dollars.
I said, sure.
How many?
Two, she replied....
I started to count the pennies in my pocket as we approached the boat.
I popped the engine cowling to see a motor that looked almost new.
The boat was faded from 7 years of just sitting there with no cover or protection.
The wood was a mess.
But the boat was as tight as a drum.

I told her its a deal and went home to smash my piggy bank and search the seat cushions on the couch to gather together the scratch to pay her.
When I returned a few seconds later, her dad said I had to take both boats, AND.....all the boating gear in the garage too......DANG :joyous:

It had the original Mills bimini and all sorts of stuff, even a fish finder.

I took it home, put a fresh battery to it, muffs, and gas....

Turned the key in the controller.....WHAM, the Suzuki DT30 fired up like it had just been running, even peed like a race horse.

I shut her off, and serviced her.

She has been bullet proof for well over 10 years now.

I have turned down offers on her, and I still use her to this day. Its a great boat to launch in skinny water out front of the house, run a few minutes to the crab traps, pick them clean, then back in. I can be eating crab in 30 minutes from the time I put her in the water :lol:

Sorry for the thread jack, just couldn't help myself......