Boat Cover

zpalffy

Seaman Apprentice
I want to buy a boat cover for my bass boat. The boat has a windshield on one side and has a front and rear pedestal seats. My question is with a standard cover will the cover still fit over the boat even with the pedestals on or would I have to remove the pedestals to make the cover fit properly ?

Thanks

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
Just my thoughts....I would get a larger than recommended size for your boat and keep the pedestals on for water runoff if stored outdoors. Put a couple of tennis balls on the ends of the pedestals so it doesn't tear a hole into the cover and run a rope from pedestal to pedestal.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Covers with windshield pockets are common, but not usually for boats with only a 1/2 windshield. You'll end up with one side loose and floppy.

On the other hand, the pedestal seats will provide an excellent way to keep the cover raised for water removal. You may not need cover bows. But there is the potential for damage to the seat upholstery.

What I do is buy a simple canvas tarp and then cut it up and sew it into a bag to just fit the seats. Lay it over the seats as a secondary cover and it'll be fine.

Your case is a perfect example of where is custom made cover is the best option.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
You can always create your own cover support that allows for snow and water to run off. Most commonly used for such structures are PVC pipe or schedule 80 conduit like I used on my bass boat. Mines fairly low since I don't have a windshield.

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

zpalffy

Seaman Apprentice
I ended up taking the pedestal off of the deck and storing them on the boat the cover fit great and it did not even blow off while I was trailering it storage.