Looking at the 2015 Chaparral Vortex 223 VR. Safety ?

CherieD

Recruit
My husband and I are looking at a brand new 2015 Chaparral Vortex 223 VR.We mostly pull a tube behind with our kids on it.Has there been in safety concerns with this boat with water being to strong and hurting those that are on a tube or board?

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Cherie:

Sorry this sat so long unanswered. I realize why this was posted where it was, but I think it'll get some more attention over here.

The short answer to your question is nothing inherent to the boat to worry about in that respect. How you run it is probably a bigger deal to the safety aspect. Not sure if it's a good wakeboard boat or not, but you can tube behind nearly anything. We do a little tubing, but I personally find tubes to be a little rough on kids bodies over time if you're really whipping 'em around (I've got one daughter who's back really takes a beating even on an easy ride).

How old are the kids?

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
That's a nice boat! Kogs is right on. Safety while tubing is mostly up to the driver, and somewhat up to the rider. Generally, the bigger (and older) the person tubing, the more potential for injury. My kids loved to do multiple riders, multiple tubes, etc - I think that's where a lot of safety consideration com into play, especially with multiple heads flinging about.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Only concern to me is if it is trimmed so the jet sprays so far back it pegs the rider in the face with an uncomfortably powerful spray. Trim down or get a longer rope, I just trim down and you are just out of reach.

BigManDan72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I can't add to what's already been said about tubing but I can say that's a great looking boat!