Motor height adjustment Ranger Z520

Mike Sells

Recruit
Have ranger 2008 Z520 with 250 etec.With trim full up it still wont raise the bow. Carrying lots of water on hull. 25 pitch fury. Top speed 60. Would it help to raise or lower motor. No hdy. jack plate. Need help plz

Last edited:
About all you can do is experiment, just be careful to watch your water pressure. How high is your prop centerline in relation to the pad? The general consensus when looking for speed is to go as high as you can without losing water pressure.

Different hulls behave in different ways. My Checkmate is pretty responsive to trim inputs.

I also have an off-brand bass boat which I rebuilt that runs pretty flat no matter what you do. I can't complain about the speed though, over 50 with an '85 Rude 140 on an 18 ft. hull.

Maybe post a thread in the prop section and see if anyone can recommend a different prop for your setup (though I've heard good things about Fury props).

Mike Sells

Recruit
Thanks for your reply. Ranger finally got back to me and motor to high, dropped motor and everything good right now. Thanks for your help!!

How much did you drop the engine (and how far below the pad is your prop centerline), and how much of a speed gain did you see?

gotboostedvr6

Petty Officer 1st Class
A Mercury trophy Plus would help with bow lift.
A setback jackplate would take it a step further.

Manual setbacks cab be had for around $200