Out on the new Carver today.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Having a hard time w pics right now... Need to shrink em when I get home.
For one on for now.

Attachments

• photo232537.jpg
    photo232537.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hmmmmm, looks like a hard life to me! you are boating and I am winterizing the 5th wheel, something does not seem right here!

:D

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Yeah it was 80 today but windy... 15 mph steady... Had 2-3' waves with whitecaps most of the day tho I was somewhat sheltered behind the island where I took the pic.

The 10 day forecast shows highs in the upper 60s and low 70s so the is likely the last 80*day this year....

That said, MT it's just a quick run over the hill and across the creek, come on down n we'll go out for a long sleeve's BBQ next week

Checked the timing before heading out today... Had 5* initial and spec is 8*... Fiddled with it and ended up about 8 1/2-9* n called it good..

Idle picked up to 1050 so backed back down to 650 n she ran great!

Was turning 4600 rpm and running 36 mph gps with 2 people a dog 95 gal gas and 60 gal water on board in said 2-3' waves... Not bad at all....

Sure the wellcraft would have done mid 40's in the same conditions but would have been burning twice the fuel and I can stand up in the cabin of this one!

I'm running a 16x16 elephant ear 3 blade prop but next trip out I'm gonna try my 15x16 4 blade prop again... Rpm's were a little low last time I tried it but that was before fixing the fuel issues and setting the timing.

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Our weather has suddenly turned to crap! Now I need a break in it to winterize I guess! And it's headed your way !

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Eh I prolly won't winterize for at least a few weeks.

Edit: well crap... Just looked at the 10 day forecast again... It has taken a real nosedive since last night... A couple lows in the mid 30's!

I HATE winter so much.

Last edited:

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
Been winterized for 2 weeks here up north. Only had 1 decent boating weather day since then. Winter is a PITA

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Eh I prolly won't winterize for at least a few weeks.

Edit: well crap... Just looked at the 10 day forecast again... It has taken a real nosedive since last night... A couple lows in the mid 30's!

I HATE winter so much.

Yeah, started my winterization process already, even tho temps are still in the sixties. We're done. Between yesterday and today I winterized the A/C, head and fresh water system. Tomorrow I'll change oil and filters. Then unload the boat. I'm being hauled out next Wednesday and arranging for the shrinkwrap the following week. I hate doing all that stuff once it gets real chilly. My comfort zone isn't what it used to be.

I like your boat.

aspeck

Staff member
The pic of your feet didn't do anything for me ... but glad all is well with the Carver!

My boat is always winterized ... heated garage! :D That way I can take her out till the water gets too hard, and then take her back out when she starts breaking up again ... love the cold weather ... very few out on the lake then! Have the whole place to myself!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I'm thinkin seriously about taking the closed cooling off of the Monte Carlo before it goes so I can convert this one.... Too late this year but for next... It's soo nice to just drain manifolds and the hose from the drive after a late or early season outing.

Jolin, thanks

Aspeck, THANKS!

Frank... Kinda hairy too lol.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
No Title

Attachments

• photo226908.jpg
    photo226908.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226910.jpg
    photo226910.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226911.jpg
    photo226911.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0

Tnstratofam

Commander
I really like your Carver. I really need to step up my game in talking the Admiral into a cruiser like that.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Thx... It's not absolutely perfect (no boat is) but it is about the best compromise of utility, space and economy that I've found.