Anchor rope jam

Hartley's boat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all! I recently bought a 14' Saturn Cataraft and I have the anchor system for it but it is really easily blown around by the wind. I want to make my own anchor system for the front so I can stay in place when I hit a hot fishing spot and I was wondering if anyone knew where a fella can get a "cheap" anchor rope jam? I can find them fro around $20 but I thought maybe someone had a line on them somewhere a little cheaper? This is the style I want; This is my new Cat! LOVE IT! Great for lake fishing!

Attachments

• photo232437.jpg
    photo232437.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo232438.jpg
    photo232438.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
standard cam cleat, available at iBoats in the link Smoke provided.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hartley's boat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanx y'all! How can you tell what size line those will old? I like to use a 5/16 poly rope. I do see how the standard cleat would be ok but I just love being able to slap that rope in that cam cleat and start fishin!

thumpar

Admiral
An Anchor Buddy might help you out. It is like a bungee cord so it will not lift the anchor off he bottom if a wake or wave comes by. You can attach more line to it but helps keep you in place. Before I had mine I hated to anchor because I drifted with the boat rocking and picking up the anchor.