Registering boat in Florida. Title problem.

Alex1956

Recruit
Hi, everybody!
I`m new here,and I have a question about boat registration in Florida. I have found the nice boat 1994 Sea Ray. The boat has Florida title,but owner passed away.
The boat on sale by owner`s doughtier. The problem is : title has been issued on owner`s` name OR his wife( now - widower). The boat has been seating on doughtier`s backyard in last 4 years. Widow disappeared, and owner`s doughtier has no idea where the widow is now. No contacts,numbers etc... So, how I can register this boat in Florida, in case of title issued on two name( one OR another) and one owner died but another disappeared ?
Sorry for my English and thanks a lot for every response!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
The daughter NEEDS to obtain the legal right to sell the boat... Until she does that you need to forget the boat and move on

As it stands now this boat is the legal property of the widow and she isn't selling it.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Agree with smoke... either find the legal owner or move on. Not worth it otherwise.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
You will have the same issue with the trailer. Florida has literally thousands of boats for sale. Move on, keep looking and get one with a clean title for both boat and trailer

tpenfield

Staff member
Daughter cannot sell the boat from a legal perspective, only the widow can do that. So, leave it up to the daughter to get that straightened out, and look for another boat with clean title.

This one is a no-go.