Just got myself a 14' fishing boat!

bstunt

Cadet
First post!

Just recently acquired a free fishing boat yesterday...

Not really sure who made it, but the motor that came with it is a 1957 Johnson Seahorse 35... I'm pretty excited about putting it all together... The bow needs a a lil fixing... the motor is still good, and the boat is all fiber glass

Just so you guys know, I've never owned a boat before, so I will be here bugging everyone with questions pretty soon =D

Let me know what you think! Photos attached below...

-Brandon

Attachments

• IMG_8530.jpg
    IMG_8530.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8528.jpg
    IMG_8528.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8505.jpg
    IMG_8505.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8529.jpg
    IMG_8529.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0

BigManDan72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats on the new boat! I assume you are pretty handy as it looks like this will be a bit of a project. Have fun with it!

pckeen

Commander
Check the stringers in the hull and the transom - looks to me as if someone started a restoration on that then stopped - there may be issues of structural integrity as it sits right now. Drill into the stringers and transom using a small drill bit - if the shavings come out golden - they are good - if they are black, they all need replacing.

Those old Johnsons are easy to work on - so enjoy it!

64osby

Admiral
fetch

Looks to be a nice find, free is good. But there is no such thing as a free boat. ;)

That Captain's seat sure looks uncomfortable. :eek:

If the hull turns out to be rotten I would keep all the good parts and go find a nice aluminum hull to work with.

Good luck with everything.

robert graham

Admiral
What could be better than a free project boat!...you'll love fixing it up and then using it....take photos showing your progress!....good luck!

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
That looks like a Huckins. Is it all wood with a canvas exterior covering? Looks like its all there and should be an easy resto. Need to finsh the deck and build new seats. Those gas tanks will need to be rebuilt too - that's another easy job.

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

You have come to the right place. I would call this a runabout, but, with such a blank canvas, you can certainly set it up for fishing.

bstunt

Cadet
No Title

Thanks! I just got her registered and insured and now sitting in my storage, went there today and started working on her.. Also, was wondering you guys may shed a light on what model this boat is... On my pink slip, it says its made by "Driscol" Googled it and nothing shows up except Driscoll Boats in San Diego.. see attached photo... doesn't say much, but it I'm sure that says San Diego California , with "DB" logo...

Attachments

• photo232195.jpg
    photo232195.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1