Cruisers Rogue 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reming870

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just purchased the next winter project. It is a Cruisers Rogue 2400. Has a single 454 merc with a carb and a Bravo 1 outdrive. Boat is going to need all upholstery, buffing and decals outside of any unseen mechanical issues.

It appears that there are very few, if any, of these out on the water.

Can anyone provide any insight to this boat? Any wood in it, anything I should be looking deeper into, quality, marketability?

Any knowledge of this is better than my current knowledge.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Very few on the water because:
1. Wood coring in the entire hull
2. Wood stringers
3. Low production model.

Hope you picked a well preserved boat, you may have lot's of work ahead of you if not.

shrew

Lieutenant
What year? No you're not going to see as many Cruisers as you will Bayliners or Searays. Cruisers makes good, quality boats.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Cruisers are made in Wisconsin and around here (Chicago-Milwaukee metro) have a pretty good reputation. I have considered several over the years, just couldn't put the right deal together.

I believe Scott Danforth has one. Maybe he'll chime in.

...........and yes pics. lots and lots of pics

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
There actually are a ton of these on the water..... if you know where to look (about 9 of them just in the Egg Harbor area of Door County) there are 3 down here alone in Bradenton.

the boat is balsa cored, like most every boat in the mid 80's including searay and others

Cruisers is in Pulaski, about 25 miles from the Epicenter of Football

build quality is good. if you have a question, contact cruisers customer service department. Kevin has been there since these boats were designed.

with your 454 and Bravo 1 is a 50mph boat. If you want to go faster, you need more power. the boats hit over 70 with a Mercury Racing big block.

Issues that I ran into with mine was evidence that water sat in the bilge for a long period of time. I found wet wood on the transom and engine mounts. I ended up replacing the transom, aft stringers, aft foam boxes and the bulkhead right in front of the motor. However I used that time to build in two 55 quart coolers into the floor just outboard the center fuel tank.

If your boat is red, yes, you will need to buff. Decals can be found on Ebay for the Cruisers decals, and any sign shop can make up the shark gill decals. I am actually going to paint my boat this winter, loosing the hard-edged shark gills and going with more of a scallop down the sides

Feel free to ask questions.

shrew

Lieutenant
Dropping local references like everyone is from the same neighborhood. The town or County mean little to those not from your state...........or country.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Love the local reference to the location of manufacture. The thousand's that may view this post, and have no idea where these boats are/were made,it may be informative. Irrelevant to this post if "it means little" to someone not from the area.

Last edited:

Reming870

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There is no soft spots or rot. The biggest problem is the gel coat above the rail. There is heavy cracking and one spot with gel coat delam. I am thinking about sanding, buffing, and then painting the whole boat. Just a thought right now. The other thought is to rip out the 454 and the Bravo one and just sell them and the trailer. I'll have to figure out a way to get pics. The boat is white, blue and grey

Reming870

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think this should work or at least get you to the pics. I cannot rename the Flickr link but it takes you to the pics I have there.

Last edited:

BHRC4556

Recruit
How did this turn out? I purchased a 1987 2400 last year that belonged to my parents, sat for 12-14 years after being winterized and shrink wrapped. Went out a few times last year and this year. Just blew something in the outer drive last night. 5.7 in mine. Low hours, only about 340.

What's the deal with the water tank, the fill in front of the gas fill? It seems to have hoses and everything, not sure how to put it to use though.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This is an old, inactive thread. Please start a new thread. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.