Fort Niagara Starcraft

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
So gone to Fort Niagara today with the family to do some splashing with the Jetstar. Awesome breeze through your hair, love it. However yes would love something bigger to accommodate everyone. Anyways, while searching for a spot to drop her, I noticed someone's StarCraft became FNGs boat launch cover photo....

Attachments

• photo229432.jpg
    photo229432.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

64osby

Admiral
cat - either need a bigger pic or a better explanation, otherwise it makes no sense to me.:confused:.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
lol ... no bigger picture other then what's on the site at Fort Niagara ... looks like a Starcraft being splashed into the Niagara River there... just thought whom ever with their boat in the pic, maybe didn't know or maybe he's on here :) just observation that Starcrafts are every where lol. http://nysparks.com/parks/175/details.aspx

64osby

Admiral
FNG has a couple different meanings. Most would not think of Fort Niagara State Park. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I kept thinking he HAS an SC why did he start a topic about the NewGuy starcraft?

64osby

Admiral
If I look around while driving I can spot several Starcrafts every day. But I also live about 60 miles from the factory.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
I come from the Viet Nam era and FNG only meant ****** new guy. It was the first thought that came to mind. Sorry!

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hahaha always like a good laugh at the end of the day, you guys are hilarious. Maybe it's just me but reading the responses was quite funny, specially Franks end comment. Lol

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I still don't get it. I live near Ft. Niagara St. park and never heard anybody call it FNG.

The 2 largest dealers in the area since the 1950's both carried SC/Evinrude/EZLoader, so it stands to reason you see a lot of them in town.

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
Geez didn't think FNG would get this much attention. Fine, its Fort Niagara State Park :)

catbones

Petty Officer 1st Class
Maybe also there's a lot of StarCraft but what are the odds of having a nice condition one going in or out at the time of the photo, not some other make? I was just saying and thought hey maybe the guy is on here. But never mind, delete the thread if I knew this much confusion happened lol

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I come from the Viet Nam era and FNG only meant ****** new guy. It was the first thought that came to mind. Sorry!

Or ******* National Guard. Since I was in the Air Force, they were FANGs. I think the same thing, Frank. Same time frame.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Maybe also there's a lot of StarCraft but what are the odds of having a nice condition one going in or out at the time of the photo, not some other make? I was just saying and thought hey maybe the guy is on here. But never mind, delete the thread if I knew this much confusion happened lol
Don't be discouraged. Since FNG means something pathetic to a lot of people it was just funny to see it in print for something else.

As far as the pic goes, it was advertising. The photog probably waited there for days to get just the right subject for the catalog. If a rotten old Bayliner showed up on a rusty trailer you don't think he would have used that do you?

Its not even a classic SC - realatively recent model.

BTW, around here we call it FNSP.