windshield search?!?!?!?!

dbergeron

Cadet
hey all i have an 89 larson all american dc-170 bow rider. it didnt come with a windshield and i desperately need a walk through one. i have searched high and low called every parts place ive ever heard of and cant find a replacement anywhere.. does anyone know where i can get a windshield for this boat?
thanks
Dan

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
ebay, craigslist, or a boat salvage yard. After 10 years you wont find any parts, so after 28 years Ebay or craigslist

most of the original windows are taylor made, so worst case, buy the extrusions, seals and have a local glass company cut you a new piece of boat glass.

alldodge

Staff member
Have a look at fisheries Supply, they have several new old stock complete windshields. Other then what Scott mentioned you can go to Taylor but would need to find a new boat that uses the windshield you want. They don't make older styles, so if you found one for a current Rinker, Searay, etc it might work out

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You could possibly built a custom frame that fits your boat to perfection, and then install some quality Lexan easily. And then you have a total walkthrough windshield setup with material easily obtained... JMHO