Arkansas Traveler Boat confusion

hantzr

Recruit
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and new to having a boat. My brothers and I have this Arkansas Traveler boat but I can not find any ID on the boat to know exactly when it was made. I know the Engine from the serial number but the Hull we are not sure. I looked at the links in other forums and it looks like a '62 but my brother claims it is a '78. I can't find any information on the internet on how long they made these boats. There is a logo on the "dash" that says polaris so it is an AT Polaris but I have no idea what year. I have attached a picture. Any help on ID of year would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
IMG_3165.JPG

jbcurt00

Staff member
IF it was a 1978, it WOULD have a HIN embossed on the back top right of the transom.
PA-HIN.jpg

The Polaris II was produced in 1965-6, but I didn't see a Polaris listed:
Travelerbb001.jpg

Does the state reg or title have a 12digit VIN listed? For boat's its a HIN, but they are often referred to as VINs just like autos

Based on the boat's style and the bubble windshield, I'd bet it's an early to late 60's boat. Which would sort of agree with the 1965 spec sheet I posted.

Welcome to iboats and have you all put the boat in the water yet?

hantzr

Recruit
I am seeing the same thing as you. I just don't see anything over the mid 60's, I looked all over and could not find an ID plate on the boat.
I am in southwestern Ontario Canada so I am not sure how the reg works here, my one brother is working on it. Yes I have taken it out 3 times now, it works great, she is old but I really enjoy it :) with the 55 Evinrude on it she does 32 MPH so that is great for me and my small family.
Thanks for all your help if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
Thanks again
Ryan