need uFlex Remote Control Box advice-hooking to existing mercury control cables??

surfsalterpath

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Swapping out the OLD mercury quicksilver RemoteControlBox for a uFlex universal RemoteControlBox B77, binnacle mount. Well, trying to! DangIt!
uFlex says to use their uFlex Mercury Control Connection Kit:
http://www.iboats.com/C5-C16-Mercur...5770789--session_id.894295402--view_id.256431

I'm trying to use the same Teleflex control cables (throttle & shifter) that connected to the OLD mercury quicksilver RemoteControlBox and connect these control cables to the NEW uFlex RemoteControlBox. Both the uFlex connectors are the same length and they do not seem to make the proper connection.

When we removed the OLD mercury RemoteControlBox we did so leaving the control cables in NEUTRAL and in IDLE position, thinking we could just easily hook them to the new uFlex RemoteControlBox and then only have minor adjustments to fne tune the idle and forward/reverse control cables. Thus, it's not to be.

Anyone ever made the transition from a Mercury RemoteControlBox to a new universal RemoteControlBox, specifically the uFlex Brand?

Or am I going to have to buy new control cables that match up to the uFlex RemoteControlBox?

surfsalterpath

Petty Officer 2nd Class
.....ok. Figured it out AFTER much THOUGHT and trial and error. Freekin instructions could be a whole lot BETTER! Why the heck design these products and give HORRIBLE instructions on how to assemble their product???????????????? I'll explain later but this is beeswax to have to figure out their product like this. Although I'm not the most mechanical minded dude I ain't dumb either. What a waste of time when a simple explanation could have been easily written~

MOD EDIT - Please a little more decorum.

Last edited by a moderator: