Naming my boat

Naming my boat

• Total voters

littlerayray

Lieutenant
I'm thinking if these two names for my boat I would also like some other catchy name suggestions

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I wouldn't pick "on the rocks". Seems it would be inviting a hull breach at the local Jetty! But that's me....maybe you're the more sarcastic or adventurous type!

Last edited:

robert graham

Admiral
Consider naming it for your wife/girlfriend....she'll like that and be less likely to pick at you about the boat....and maybe have more fun on the water.....

littlerayray

Lieutenant
She is the one who helped me narrow it down to those 2 on the rocks is a reference to how I like my drinks

ziggy

Admiral
i'd go with dancing with waves.
on the rocks is a reference to how I like my drinks
if i were an leo, that's what i'd think too. might make me wanna pull ya over for no reason other than to see if yer drinks on board are on the rocks and how many of them drinks ya'd been havin... just food for thought.... let alone the other possible thought. of literally being on the rocks, like with your boat... both bad ideas imho...

ziggy

Admiral
You don't name trailer boats
smile.gif
hum, maybe not. but in my neck of the corn field with mostly trailer boats, i'd say it's 50-50 for names on boats, maybe 60-40 for having names on boats. i named my boat, of the three people i know with boats, they're all named. 2 speed boats and one sailboat.
i guess even trailer boats are vessels..... ;) + it's a fun thing to do naming your boat...... imho

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe just ask her how she might feel about her name on the transom?....might not have thought about it?...

64osby

Admiral
Mixing them up you could get...

Dancing with rocks

On the waves

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Above the swim platform under the ski tow hook or on the starboard side right beside the blower ports

littlerayray

Lieutenant
It would be for identification purposes it would be for giving her a name my family and girlfriend are wondering why I haven't named her yet