Fresh water system not working

Cleanboat

Recruit
Hello,

I own two boats, a bayliner 175 and a 2005 245. Plenty of experience but I can't figure this out. My 245 fresh water system isn't building pressure. I know the reason.. The pump is not turning on. Now, my pump works fine, I took it out and tested it. The pump switch is getting power, as it lights up.

I have about a 8th tank is water in my fresh water tank...could this be the issue? Is there a low water switch in the tank itself?

I'm going to Catalina tomorrow would love to use the deck shower and the galley sink while moored.

Any ideas as to what is happening here?

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There should be a pressure switch. Comes on with low pressure and turns off after reaching the proper high pressure. I did a search and came up with a JABSCO Pressure Switch Assembly. IBoats may have it.

Cleanboat

Recruit
There should be a pressure switch. Comes on with low pressure and turns off after reaching the proper high pressure. I did a search and came up with a JABSCO Pressure Switch Assembly. IBoats may have it.

Thanks cptrick3, any idea where this switch is located on my boat? Pulled up the diagram, I see no switch. I do have the the model with the water heater if that changes the location of the switch at all

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
Have you verified power at the at the pump in the boat? I thought the pressure switch was integral w/pump but I could be wrong. Make sure the fuse in the boat wiring is good.

Cleanboat

Recruit
Figured out the issue! The + wire was cut up toward the transom... No idea how it was cut. I was following the wires to try and locate the pressure switch, looks like this water pump has a built in regulator. Very cool, as I now know if there are any issues, it's the pump itself. Thanks for your help.