Volvo/Penta DouProp known issues?

BellevilleMXZ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
As per this post below, nothing worked out. The Rinker was VERY rough, not at all as good as looked in pics. GPS missing, hasn't been used in almost 2 years, just dropped in the water this summer. No mait. or service history, the list goes on. Anyway, now am looking at even newer stuff :-( Hopefully can find something nice, everything I have looked at has been quite rough. One I am looking at now it Volvo/Penta duoprop, any issue with them I should know about? Thanks guys

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...t#post10019209

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
How about we change the title to something relavent to your question about the Volvo douprop?

Sorry the Rinker didnt pass inspection. See, tell your Admiral all the time hanging out on the forum SAVED you thousands and prevented you making a reckless decision to buy the Rinker because it looked nice in pix.

And the search continues

JoLin

Vice Admiral
What year is the duo-prop you're looking at? I've owned two boat with the Volvo 'SX' series drives that were made from the mid-90's to early 2000's, and I liked them alot. Very quiet, very robust, no water pump in the leg. Simpler design than the Mercs. Can't speak for the earlier duo-props.

BellevilleMXZ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
04-05 we are looking at now. Missed the 2 I was looking at, now looking at one at a dealer tomorrow. Rinker 270s must be popular!