Have no idea what this does

skillsaw

Cadet
Being a new boat owner I have figured out everything on my boat except what this red thing is and what it does or where it goes. Would appreciate some help with this. Don't know if it needs to be cleaned or replaced etc. My boat is an Astro 172 built in 98. Hope that helps. Dontknow.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Being a new boat owner I have figured out everything on my boat except what this red thing is and what it does or where it goes. Would appreciate some help with this. Don't know if it needs to be cleaned or replaced etc. My boat is an Astro 172 built in 98. Hope that helps.

I'm thinking an aerator for the live well

skillsaw

Cadet
Thanks for the info....seems I already have a livewell pump adjacent to it. Guess the old one didn't work so someone put in a new one..Thanks again for the info.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Can't say as I don't believe someone would go through the work to install a second pump if they could just replace one that was there but you never know. You got a picture of the other one?

One maybe a switching valve as I know some set ups have different setting for fill/drain/aerate.

skillsaw

Cadet
GOT IT! It's the open/close valve for the drain of my live wells! Once I got it twisted far enough to see a cable hooked to it I realized what it was for....Thanks everyone for answering my query...