Universal Bimini Top???

littlebuzz

Cadet
I have a 2000 Sea Pro 190 WA. Most sites selling Bimini tops ask for your boat manufacturer and model. But none seem to have my model.

I know my measurements because a previous owner once had one installed and the hardware is still there.

So is there any reason why I can't just order a "universal" Bimini top?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you think about it., all aftermarket biminis are universal. The selection charts use the published measurements of your boat so you don't have to measure. Since you have the mounting hardware, measure between the mounts for the width, choose a height and color.

iboats is having a Summer of Savings Sale and biminis have free shipping, 30% off braces and being a forum member you get to knock off another 5% by using Promo Code "FORUM5". Check out biminis HERE. iboats has you covered!

tanker1983

Cadet
Related question. I want to add a second Bimini to my 2008 Glastron DX 235. This Bimini will be to cover the bow portion. So the only dimensions needed are width and the height I would like?

Thanks.

GA_Boater

Related question. I want to add a second Bimini to my 2008 Glastron DX 235. This Bimini will be to cover the bow portion. So the only dimensions needed are width and the height I would like?

Thanks.

You might have an issue with length. Or if you can, maybe move the first top toward the stern some to allow more room in the front. I would match the height for looks. Got a pic with the current top?

GA_Boater

Plenty of room, Tanker. Since the rear top is mounted on the side window, you will have to add height to make up for the distance from the window to the gunnel. I think you can get the height matched up with a little adjustment. Worst case would be trimming the main support some.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
measure beam width of your boat, you will have no problems finding the right one, lean towards more height

tanker1983

Cadet
Thanks, guys. I will follow the link after measuring. Still a good bit of boating season left here in central Texas. But I will definitely have the 2 Bimini set-up by next spring.

tanker1983

Cadet
Another question. Does the price in the link above include the frame, canvas, storage sleeve and hardware?

Thanks.

GA_Boater

Another question. Does the price in the link above include the frame, canvas, storage sleeve and hardware?

Thanks.

Everything except possibly the sleeve. Frame cover, and hardware are included and some models do come with the boot. It's best to call the 800 number on the bottom of the link page and talk with a customer rep, Tank.