Viking brand boat?

Government cheese

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to find some info on this old boat my dad had. "Viking" was painted on the sides and cast into the handles in the corners. I'm wondering what the transom is rated for, and any other info I can find out. Google isn't helping at all. I'm going to try to get to the license branch with the registration numbers, it might be a lead.

jbcurt00

Staff member
You might be able to match the lengrh and width to some of the older models listed here:
http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Viking_(Indiana)
Any family history in Indiana? That ^^^ Viking was based in Indiana.

For now, I'll leave the 2 topics separate, but try not to start more then 1 topic in multiple forums about the same project.

Last edited:

Government cheese

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks. This post isn't about the project, its more of some research since Google just gives me pics of Viking style boats.

I do live in Indiana, third generation.
Something that may or may not be interesting, this Viking boat, my GW Invader, and my Sylvan pontoon were all made in Indiana...

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That boat, was made in Canada, the link I posted in the restoration section actually shows the original ID plate on another Viking 12 footer.

Where I grew up in Washington, we used a see a lot of Viking boats on the lakes and fishing in the Columbia river.

Last edited: