88 Century Fury Fuel Tank Help

rlrobian

Cadet
Guys, I am looking for an owners manual for a 17' 1988 Century Fury 120. I've called Century, seems than in 1988 it was a different company and the current Century organization does not have any of the old material. Or so I was told. I've been looking on Ebay and dong Google searches with no luck. Any help would be great.
Thanks
RL

southkogs

Staff member
Owner's manual is probably not going to tell you very much (they're generally kinda' pointless as far as the boat itself is concerned) ... what are you trying to figure out?

rlrobian

Cadet
I want to work on the gas tank. I have a problem that the sending unit is no longer working. I am trying to find the exact location, size and how to access the sending unit on the gas tank. I can see the fuel line coming to the fuel pump. I pulled some of the carpet back just above the fuel line. What I found was a white plastic like substance that was covering the area that I believe is holding the tank. I think the tank is 17 gal. but I can find no confirmation of that.
Thanks
RL

southkogs

Staff member
Owner's manual would be a bust for ya' anyhow. Let's try three things:

Take a look around the RESTORATION FORUMS and the CENTURY forums and see if you can find anything.

I've also changed your topic header to see if we can get a member who knows the boat.

Lastly, check in with THESE DUDES and see if someone over there might know. They'll mostly be old woodie boaters, but the brand'll be the right one.

Somewhere in these you'll be way ahead of where a manual would've gotten you.