1991 Grumman UF 184 SF Anyone ever see one? Deck storage??

joetheis

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm the proud owner of one!
I got it like this time last year.
Not a bad boat over all, doesn't do anything GREAT, nor does it do anything bad.
70 "rude, 5 HP Honda troller hanging off the back, #55 bow trolling motor.
I use it on the St. Lawrence Rive near Clayton N.Y.
The P.O. put down a new deck season before I got it.
This boat has lockers running down each side for storage.
I got to wondering looking for ever more storage for anchors, lines etc..........
"I wonder if this boat had the center deck storage?
Most fishing, (heck most boats I see) have that storage locker in the deck by the captain seat.
Has anyone ever seem one of these boat up close and person and saw a deck locker?
I'd hate to rip up a really nice floor just to see if there was one, or take a saw to the deck........
Joe

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
I can only speak for me but I can't mentally link a model# to a boat I may have seen.

A search of the year and model# gave me a whole bunch of plane pictures though there was one of a plane with a boat. (a Lund)
Searched 1991 Grumman and got lots of firetrucks with a few boat pics sprinkled in there.

From those pics I'm assuming its a tin boat and I can't recall ever seeing one with a floor locker. That's not to say you couldn't add one but then it might help if you post some pics of yours so we could speculate about the available space with you.

joetheis

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did the same thing, saw lots of planes, other boats, bimini tops, covers etc.!
They made this model 1 year as I have figured out, so they are few and far between, (that's me, if it's odd, don't make it anymore, can't get parts.... that the one I buy)!!
The boat serves me well, wish I had a deeper "V" and free board, but then I wish I had a new Lund too!
I did see another on the water in Clayton N.Y., IF I ever see that boat again I'll lookie see.
If I think about it, I'll take some pics of the deck, maybe tap on it to see if it was open at one time.
Sure would be nice to get the anchor and spare prop out of the live well! (better when the live well is occupied, then the prop is rolling @ the deck, always under foot!!
Joe