New to me boat

AZ_Guy

Cadet
Hey everyone. Got my first boat but honestly don't know much about it. I'm a car mechanic so I know the engine is solid and it runs good but outside of that wasn't too sure. I took it by a local boat shop and had them check it over and compression test or and they said it was solid. It's a 1990 Starcraft heritage 1901 I/O with the 4.3l engine and the alpha one drive. We've taken it out a few times and it runs great. We were out cruising around for 5 hours on the lake the other day. Not in the best shape appearance wise, paints faded, upholstery is a little rough but besides that it seems pretty decent. I'll probably fix up the appearance thing, mechanically I haven't found any issues and neither did the shop and we had no problems out on the lake.

Anyone know much about these boats? Are they usually pretty decent, worth putting a little money into to fix up the small stuff? I've looked online but can find almost nothing about it.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
The boat itself is just a place to install a motor. If you like the layout,and enjoy it, yeah go ahead and fix it up. Mercruiser's will go a long time with proper maintenance.

AZ_Guy

Cadet
The boat itself is just a place to install a motor. If you like the layout,and enjoy it, yeah go ahead and fix it up. Mercruiser's will go a long time with proper maintenance.

Yea that's a good point. I do like the layout and I got a great deal on it, plus I've heard good things about the Mercruisers.

AZ_Guy

Cadet
Not great pics but I'm sure u guys all know what these look like anyway

null_zpse3c6a0f4.jpg

null_zps3f22f090.jpg

null_zps09b5f74a.jpg