• photo226911.jpg
    photo226911.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226912.jpg
    photo226912.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
If this goes through I'll be selling the Montecarlo and haven't decided about whether to sell the V-20 or not.
Already planning on selling the skis but keeping the jetboat.

The idea is fewer 'wessels that fit better....

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Thx I have big plans for it if it works out...

In inventory now:

3500 watt genny
Almost new 12,500 marine air w reverse cycle
Newer better stove w alcohol and electric
New led bow marker lights and stern light
Fairly new remote spotlight
3000 watt inverter
4 group 31 deep cycles
New electric head and holding tank
Dual zone marine stereo with remote head unit for flying bridge

Tons of other stuff I can't think of right now.

Plan to upgrade all lighting.. Mostly led but will likely have a few 12v fluorescents

Probably also update controls and gauges

There has been a delay tho. My buddy was supposed to check her out yesterday but had issues so inspection has been postponed till tomorrow.... On pins n needles here!
PS the boat is 1000 miles away from me so I won't get to see it in person for quite some time.

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Thx me too.... I wish I could check her out myself but working 12 hrs a day 6 days a week... Can't really make a 2000 mile round trip , inspect a boat and be at work again within 36 hrs. Lol

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Well she's mine... For better or for worse... Some issues were found but in the end I decided she's worth some work.

The wood structure under the bow deck has been compromised by water intrusion so headliner over V berth has to come out and new wood go in... Then reseal all hardware and replace headliner.
Also there looks to be transom and motor mount stringer issues but this particular hull is is one that I can actually get at the rotten stuff pretty easily and replace it without pulling the hull apart. (I've done the stringers on an identical hull already) the outer stringers are rock solid still.
Other than the few unfortunate rot issues that I'm going to have substantial work in fixing there was just so much that was right about her and the price was one of those things.

$3k was the final price and the engine and canvas are worth that much to me....

If I decide that the rot is too much to fix I'll kill her for parts for one of her sister ships but at this point I plan to get down n dirty n put her back together.

The trailer wasn't part of the sale and the one I had wasn't long enough.... I'll either rebuild it longer, sell the wellcraft without a trailer n use that one or source another one.

Currently it's hanging several feet off my trailer with a couple boat stands supporting the stern.

I have lots to figure out when I get back to it.

Now for the good. My buddy who picked it up said again and again that the pics didn't do it justice... Said the interior looks absolutely new and just kept saying whoever had it took really good care of it.

There is a full enclosure for the rear deck that looks to be as new.

The engine and drive seem to be in great shape and it performed flawlessly on the sea trial.

She is also fully equipped with lines, anchor, recent marine radio, has mooring cover or covers, at least a bimini and maybe an enclosure up top.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
That's exactly what it is except that I can get to what I need to without pulling the cap or ripping out any decks...

So not fully gutted.... Think of it as endoscopic surgery.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Just had the transom done in mine and engine mounts they did hace to remove anything but the motor,

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Yeah.... Depending on just exactly what I find I'll likely be pulling engine, drive, transom assembly, and fuel tank.... Will be building a hush box and installing a marine genny at the same time.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
An air tight enclosure that is lined with sound absorbing material and with the vents baffled to contain noise.... The plan being to not be able to hear the genny running.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Well she wasn't quite the cream puff my buddy thought when I got to her but she'll do for now... I was plagued with fuel issues and it took 7 sea trials before I got her to run right but today I had a successful run up the river to my favorite burger joint....

She was running 36 mph and 4400 rpm with the water tank full and fuel tank around 1/4.

I have replaced the stereo... installed 3 new batts.... fixed a power steering leak... Installed a new hatch on the bow... Pumped out and disposed of 50 gallons of old fuel.... Replaced fuel pickup, and sending unit.... Replaced spark plugs and wires..... I hadn't realized that the tank had a few gallons of water in it from years of running with a pickup that only reached the 1/2 tank level so I didn't worry about pumping out every drop.... Had to dump water separator many times and then had an issue with trash in the anti siphon valve.... Set up a 20 gallon per minute pump with 3/4" hose and a big filter pumping from and back into the tank and let it run for 4 hours... Temporarily removed anti siphon valve and she finally ran right..... Will put a screen on the pickup and put the valve back in soon.

I have new bellows, trim senders, blowers, vents, and hoses going in soon.... Will be pulling the engine to clean bilge and better access condition of the hull...

Likely install genny at that time.

I also picked up a rotary transfer switch for 110 volt power.... Off/Shore/Generator/Inverter.