Post or Change your Signature Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

southkogs

Staff member
UPDATED JANUARY 2018

NOTE - New members must have more than 3 posts before photos can be attached to posts or adding signatures

Some members have had some trouble finding the SIG editor, so this is a brief tutorial to help out.
A couple of signature HELPs when you're on the forum:
  • It's nice to know what kind of boat and drive we're talking about. If you can put it in your signature, that saves guessing sometimes.
  • It's also helpful to know where you are geographically when you post. Regions matter for many things, including seasons ... so it helps to know roughly what part of the world you're in.
If you're going to add a photo to your signature: roughly 500 pixels by roughly 250 pixels is a good starting point. You can trade some of that math off and do something more like a banner of 720 x 125 if you like, and depending on how fancy you get.

To edit your signature, first go to the user settings in the dropdown up by your screen name, and when the drop down appears, click on "EDIT PROFILE."

On the next screen, look for the menu on the left side of the page and click on "ACCOUNT:"

Scroll down the page, and you'll find a selection to show your signature and a link to EDIT your signature:

That will bring up a dialogue that looks just like the advanced editor when you're typing a post:

Photos work just like they do in the PHOTO TUTORIAL. You can link the text in your signature just like in a standard post, just please follow FORUM RULES.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dtm2000

Recruit
So following these directions, trying to create a signature, I do not have an "Edit Post Signature" link between the "Show Avatar" check box and the "Display Mode" label. Any ideas why ?? I just joined the forums this evening.

dtm2000

Recruit
Yes I do. Here's the settings:

Capture_zpsoos3dzp4.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry - I'm kinda' searching for ideas - what Operating System (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) and browser are you using? I'll have to putz around with a couple to see if I can recreate it.

southkogs

Staff member
Aha! Gotcha' Toneeees: some features of the forum come on after your third post, including (if I'm not mistaken) starting a new topic.

I tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox and all three show the edit feature. I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that'll make a difference.

toneeees

Administrator
Aha! Gotcha' Toneeees: some features of the forum come on after your third post, including (if I'm not mistaken) starting a new topic.

I tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox and all three show the edit feature. I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that'll make a difference.

Correct, I believe the signatures do not work until 3 posts have been made at least I hope that is why the signature isn't showing for him.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Parallel conversations in multiple topics make it more complicated to help

Status
Not open for further replies.