Winter Sucks

firstcatch

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It just has to be said. Winter sucks. Need to get out on the water. As soon as we get some weather above freezing going to try to get out on a party boat for Ling and Cod.

kennywaynem

Seaman Apprentice
I know what you mean im trying to get a boat ready for spring we had a few good days last week but spent those working on the boat walleu and crappie will be biting shortly.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh don't get me started. I have been working towards this spring spawn for Crappie. But it is looking very iffy presently for the same reason...WEATHER. I missed the last two springs working on this boat and was seriously hoping to have it water ready this year. But I still have a ways to go and time is getting close...again. :facepalm:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
OK, I think I can top you lot... :evil:

I'm on the 4th flat of an apartment block. The temperature outside was warm today, at -10C (14F)... It's been as low as -20C (-4F). We have no car and the only transport is shuttle buses and the Metro (underground). All the locals speak and the signs are written in Russian... I don't speak or read Russian... Even if there was a boat here, the nearest ocean is about 12 hours drive away... And on these roads, at this time of year... Forget it! Oh, this flat, we are sharing it with the kids (2 adults and their 3 year old) and it's all of 6 yards by 9 yards, and that includes the kitchen/dining room, the toilet and bathroom, their bedroom and the living room, which doubles as our bedroom each night. And outside, is a metre of snow (about 3 feet)....

Now, who'd like to swap places with me????? :D

G

OK, I think I can top you lot... :evil:

I'm on the 4th flat of an apartment block. The temperature outside was warm today, at -10C (14F)... It's been as low as -20C (-4F). We have no car and the only transport is shuttle buses and the Metro (underground). All the locals speak and the signs are written in Russian... I don't speak or read Russian... Even if there was a boat here, the nearest ocean is about 12 hours drive away... And on these roads, at this time of year... Forget it! Oh, this flat, we are sharing it with the kids (2 adults and their 3 year old) and it's all of 6 yards by 9 yards, and that includes the kitchen/dining room, the toilet and bathroom, their bedroom and the living room, which doubles as our bedroom each night. And outside, is a metre of snow (about 3 feet)....

Now, who'd like to swap places with me????? :D

wtf are you in Siberia lol. post the signs here ill translate them for you lol

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
60 expected today; 58 tomorrow. Getting the little boat ready for it's maiden voyage tomorrow with by buddy who makes beef jerky. Sounds like a good day to me.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Actually now we are starting to get some 60's mixed in with 30's yet in the mornings. So things are looking up... :thumb:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
wtf are you in Siberia lol. post the signs here ill translate them for you lol

Not Siberia, but I have been there, many times... :D

Don't need to post the signs, my wife is translating for me. ;)

Oh, we're in Moscow....