• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wahoo Salad

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahoo Salad

I had the goodfortune of a friend giving me some fresh Wahoo a friend of his caught. I grilled about 2 lbs last night marinaded briefly in lemonjuice,fresh garlic, and "Jane's Crazy mixed up Lime Pepper seasoning" It was Fantastic. I wondered what to do w some leftovers and made a salad tonight w greens,carrot,cucumber,brocolli-(what was in the fridge) shredded cheese, croutons,and tossed w the sliced cold fish ( 2 medallions ), a splash of Italian dressing and a sprinkle of Janes It was about the best salad I ever had I do believe.
    Last edited by mommicked; March 1st, 2012, 12:10 AM. Reason: spellen

Re: Wahoo Salad

Originally posted by mommicked View Post
    I had the goodfurtune of a friend giving me some fresh Wahoo a friend of his caught. I grilled about 2 lbs last night marinaded briefly in lemonjuice,fresh garlic, and "Jane's Crazy mixed up Lime Pepper seasoning" It was Fantastic. I wondered what to do w some leftovers and made a salad tonight w greens,carrot,cucumber,brocolli-(what was in the fridge) shredded cheese, croutons,and tossed w the sliced cold fish ( 2 medallions ), a splash of Italian dressing and a sprinkle of Janes It was about the best salad I ever had I do believe.
    eemmmm!
    sigpic"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither safety or liberty"

Comment

Try it raw next time.
      Forget about the lime juice and all of that.
      slice tuna thin a you can,splash with your favorite salty soy sauce and you will be in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by island mike View Post
        Try it raw next time.
        Forget about the lime juice and all of that.
        slice tuna thin a you can,splash with your favorite salty soy sauce and you will be in heaven.
        I agree.....and with some wasabi sauce. Wahoo the same. It sure beats Tarpon!
        sigpic "Andrea C"

BOAT=Best Of All Times

"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Winterization=sneekers, jeans and a sweater.

Same Ship.....Different Day.

Comment

Originally posted by sasto View Post
          I agree.....and with some wasabi sauce. Wahoo the same. It sure beats Tarpon!
          Or mullet.

Comment

I know better than to ruin a great piece of fish by over cooking it. I cut the steaks from the fillet almost 3" thick and grilled about 2 mins per side........it was very rare in the center and oh so tasty. My wife didn't like it so I had to force myself to try to eat it all , it was tough but I managed to eat about a pound the night I grilled it

Comment

Working...
            X