• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pin Fish as bait?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Fish as bait?

Anyone know how well Pin Fish are as bait? Just moved to the east coast and figured out the trick on catching these little suckers and now I have a freezer full of them. I own a small boat so I wont be able to go offshore, just been staying around the intercoastal. Anything in these waters that will bite on them? How about freshwater, anyone know if any freshwater fish will bite on Pin Fish?
    My mind is on the river 24/7. Too bad my body has to go to work.

Re: Pin Fish as bait?

We use Pinfish for cutbait when surf fishing all the time,I think they make great live bait also.

Comment

Pinfish?.....One of the best baits ever....inshrore or off.

Where ya' at?

Depends! We love catchin' 'em also.
      sigpic "Andrea C"

BOAT=Best Of All Times

"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Winterization=sneekers, jeans and a sweater.

Same Ship.....Different Day.

Comment

Pinfish is great grouper bait and good allround cut bait. Snapper will go for them as well.

Art

Comment

This Bull Red hit a live pinfish while surfcasting.

I consider overkill a job well done... plus a little extra.

There's as many ways to do something as there is people to tell you how to do it... but not all of them are the right way.

The drinking and debauchery will continue until morale improves... and maybe for a little while after.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the heads up guys. I live in Hubert NC so the New River and White Oak waterways are the closest but Cape Fear and the Nuese River waterways are also doable every now and then. And of course the intercoastal gives you acces to everything inbetween.
            My mind is on the river 24/7. Too bad my body has to go to work.

Comment

Pinfish are very hard to beat, alive or cut...right up there with mud minnows and shrimp! Hang a whole pinfish a couple of feet under a float and something will hit it!

Comment

I actually prefer mudminnows and croakers to pin fish. Oh and don't ever let anyone fool you about eating them. I was tricked into it. Tasted like white meat fish dipped in gasoline.

Comment

Theres a trick to getting more success on live pin fish. Give them what I call a "hair cut". Take some scissors and cut the spines off their fins. It won't poke the predator fish in the mouth and cause it to let go.

Comment

Working...
                  X