Take a look at this Dorado

QC

Supreme Mariner
A good friend caught this fish last week east of Cabo San Lucas. Place called Rancho Leonero. The friend (in the picture) is 6'4" and around 280 lbs. to give you an idea as to this fishes size.<br /><br />
0908d2b.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Take a look at this Dorado

WOW!! :eek:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "NICE FISHHHHHHHHHH"!!!!!!!! :D <br /><br />I'd say that the fish is about 5'6" and weighs approximately 45-50lbs.!!!!<br /><br />Had caught one 2 years ago in the Grand Bahamas that weighed 42lbs. 5'2"long!!!! ;) :cool:

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Too bad someone backed over it with their truck tire! ;) <br /><br />Really, that's a pretty awesome fish. Never seen one like that. I hope to take a fishing trip in ocean waters someday. Looks like a great experience!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BassCat73:<br /> Really, that's a pretty awesome fish. Never seen one like that.
I'll bet you've eaten one though. AKA, Mahi Mahi and Dolphin Fish . . . They are definitely weird looking.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I've caught them in the Keys, but nothing like that! Wow!....JK

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Woah-Nelly! :eek: That'sa biggun!.. :) <br /><br />Put a piece on the grill for me... :D

Triton II

Commander

Mahi Mahi are great eating when fresh, but the biggest I've ever caught (off North Stradbroke Island in southern Queensland) was about half that size... NICE FISH QC. :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Sweet! Somebody has some good eating coming their way!

AJ168

Petty Officer 1st Class

That fight must have been amazing. I got a 8 pounder over the summer while going for blues. I've never seen a fish jump like that thing did. It's sad though that they loose their color so quick. You really have to see one just when the fight begins to really see the beauty of these fish. <br />I heard that they only live for a few years. Is there any truth to this?

Did you check the record book? That dolphin looks like a contender. What pound line?

brad.schneid

Recruit

Hi, I am new to the forum but love going fishing off the coast of Cabo. That is a great looking Dorado! I was down there a couple weeks ago and pulled in more Dorado than we could have possibly ask for. Cabo is an epic fishing destination and in my opinion, the Dorado are always biting!...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for digging this up . . . I missed a couple of the replies. To clarify, the guy in the pic caught it, not me, and he flew all of it home or gave some to the locals. Always does.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Did you check the record book? That dolphin looks like a contender. What pound line?

Nice fish but not in that class. You need to be in the #80 plus class to even qualify for a State record.

ALnaturAL

Recruit

nice fish !! we put peanut in the box (15#) and ate it for lunch it was wonderful:)