Live Well Lack

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking at a 2002 Parker 2120, and was surprised there is no live well. I have a big, old Igloo cooler, and I was thinking of using that, I bucket or 2 of seawater thrown in, and an aquarium bubbler run thru an inverter - thoughts? Alternatives? As a kid, we used to run a string thru the mouth and out a gill and hang them over the side.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sound like a doable situation IF you can keep the water cool. The problem associated with such a setup is the water gets nasty pretty quick. So removing some and adding new fresh water could help. And you could also freeze some 2 liter bottles and add them to help cool the water. But cool fresh water and plenty of oxygen is a must to keep the fish alive and healthy. JMHO!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
they have battery powered bait aerators. think aquarium aerator running on d batteries.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Aerators, square corner and SW fish don't play well together.
Cheap and easy....cut a plastic 35 or 55 gallon barrel in half. Use washdown pump or rig a pump off your transom.

Fill / Circulate water in barrel. Water overflowing the barrel exits boat via cockpit drains. Will keep 50-60 live baits for the day with ease