small mouth

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
097d54de-5c7a-49aa-b875-fc46af01c81c_zpsg3axu6ti.jpg

caught this smallie on Tionesta Lake

foodfisher

Captain
Don't remember much. It was in the mid/late 50's. Special trip from Carlisle.Edit add on- I do remember the ditty " Tionesta- land of broken dreams - Burn't down fields - polluted mountain streams - and when the rain comes pouring down in teams - makes a scout just want to scream". Strange what sticks in the memory and what doesn't.

Last edited:

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't remember much. It was in the mid/late 50's. Special trip from Carlisle.Edit add on- I do remember the ditty " Tionesta- land of broken dreams - Burn't down fields - polluted mountain streams - and when the rain comes pouring down in teams - makes a scout just want to scream". Strange what sticks in the memory and what doesn't.

I think you have the wrong place stuck in your memory. our streams are far from being polluted they are well stocked with fish, and there are not many fields to be burnt. we are mostly large forest area. Carlisle is pretty far from here.

foodfisher

Captain
The ditty was made up by homesick boys killing time around the campfire. Our conversation did cause me to take a sentimental trip thru cyberspace. Found out the camp was closed in the mid 70's. So I'll just close the book on my scouting days.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm glad you got to look back to your past for a bit. I'm sure you have some very good memories of your scouting days, its been a pleasure chatting with u