Abu Garcia Giveaway

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Alrighty then, don't ever let anyone tell you it doesn't pay to take kids fishing. Thank you very much,

I can't get the link to open so I guess I'll see it when it gets here. LOL

Last edited:

MRS

Commander
Imuss, congrat's on the win how much did that fish weigh? Bet it gave him a great fight!

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The fish was about 18 pounds I think, caught on a Gizzard Shad trolled from a Shakespeare Catfish rod with a 25 year old Abu 7000 on it and 20 pound Big Game line. I set the hook and handed him the rod, he fought it all the way in then by himself. That's my cousin's boy, he is about 15 now, probably 11 or 12 then.That's a big thrill for anyone, but really something special to get kids out and put them on those kinds of fish.

I told him today I will rig the new C4 reel on a 6'6" MH Bass Pro Bionic Blade I have here and let him be the first guy to catch anything with it. I'll post up what he gets on it.

I use these Abu-Garcia reels all the time for throwing plugs for Stripers, I probably have 4 or 5 C3s, I can't wait to get the better quality reel on a rod and see how it works.

Thanks again iboats.

Nathan R

Seaman
No Title

Don't know if I am too late here, but here is a sturgeon I caught up on the rainy river. It measured 69" long which would put it in the 90lb category. I caught it on an Abu Garcia reel if that makes any difference! Edit : didn't see page 2. Gongratulations to the winner!

Attachments

• photo219819.jpg
    photo219819.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
Don't know if I am too late here, but here is a sturgeon I caught up on the rainy river. It measured 69" long which would put it in the 90lb category. I caught it on an Abu Garcia reel if that makes any difference! Edit : didn't see page 2. Gongratulations to the winner!

Wow that's a big fish. Thanks for sharing. Keep an eye out for our next giveaway!