got the itch

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
here in Northwestern PA. the rivers and lake are still frozen over, but slowly melting. and I been stocking up on all my fishing needs over the winter. I am ready to get out there and get my line wet and catch some fish. I bought two new rod and reels, new tackle bag for all the soft baits I purchased over winter lol, stocked up on hooks, weights, flukes, tubes,and jigs. the temp outside right now is 20 degrees. I think I will have the itch to fish for a while yet.

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's been hitting the 60's and 70's here in Colorado, and all the front range lakes are now ice free and opening up for boating! It's a crap shoot though. It can be sunny and 75 at 3 o'clock, and 28 and snowing by 5 o'clock... True story! I've got the itch too, but I choose to be patient as well. I'd hate to de-winterize my boat just to see winter come back for a week! Soon enough I figure...

fish tamer

Cadet
Yeah it is the same here in Montana lakes and rivers are ice free and the shore fishing is good if the wind is not blowing hahaha. But just not ready to get on the water yet

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
I took a ride down to the lake yesterday, it is still froze over but thawing, the water level was pretty high the launch is under water, and the road is closed. compared to the other day, spring thaw, snows is melting. the launch is under about 15 or 20 foot of water

lake%202015_zpsk1lfpacz.jpg

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Here in SE Wisconsin all of the lakes are still hard also though I was down to the lake today and the ice is getting very dark so it should be soon. From what I've read on a local fishing site the Wisconsin River is now open water and there have been boats out fishing already. Once again I am late in getting the boat ready.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I need to get on the water soon,...

Going nuts looking at frozen water up here,......

I hear the Mississippi River is getting good,....Might have to drag the boat down one of these weekends,..

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I was down to the water twice yesterday. In the a.m. there was about 1.5' of open water around the shore and by late afternoon there was about 5' of open water so we lost a lot of ice yesterday. Now if it rains on Wed. like they are forecasting then I expect it to be gone real soon.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
we are starting to get a good bit of melt around the shore line also, the army corp. let more water out the dam gates, so the level is down now. but there is still a lot to melt before I will toss in a line.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
I went down to the lake yesterday to check it out, and it is still froze over. the way it looks I don't think it is going to thaw anytime soon. maybe by the end of April, :cold: it is snowing as I write this reply to the forum.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
OMG I feel so sorry for you all in such frozen condition yet. Presently we are having mid 70's and sun. But the last few days were mid 50's and 60's and rain. So we are a little ahead in the weather category. And I am seeing so many boats on the road and mine is still in the shop being rebuilt... :facepalm:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
We finally have open water again. Now all it needs to do is warm up again. presently 40deg.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
I went down to the lake today, it is almost completely thawed out, the boat launch is under about 15 ft.